Bath

The township was originally known as Wheatfield when it was surveyed in 1808. The name was later changed to Hammondsburgh after Jason Hammond, who settled there in 1810. The name was changed to Bath when it fully separated from Richfield Township in 1818.

In 1997 and 1998, a 404-acre former Firestone property was purchased by Bath Township and named Bath Nature Preserve. It contains grasslands, wetlands, ponds, streams, and mesophytic and riparian deciduous forests, which has through an agreement been used by The University of Akron as a research station. It is used in ecology and biology research, and field trips are taken there by many biology classes to observe animals and collect samples for herbaria

The Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens is a sixty-five room country house built by Goodyear co-founder Frank Seiberling and his wife, Gertrude.

Search Bath Homes for Sale

All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither listing broker(s) nor this office shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless. © 2017 Centralized Real Estate Information Services, Inc. All rights reserved. Information last updated Dec 17, 2017 8:24:am

Today's Market Trends for Bath *

$488,710

-0.01%

$136.0000

-0.01%

100

-0.09%

November

October

 

110

129

 

 

-0.15%

-0.13%

Chart Temporarily Unavailable
Chart Temporarily Unavailable

* All data pertains to single-family homes